SOLVED Stuck in Safe mode

Reaction score
Hello,
I noted that I am not the first one who encounters a flashing screen after upgrading to Win10, managed to type the "msconfig" and now I am stuck in Safe mode with the system not accepting my password, which is a 4-digit PIN.
Is there a solution or do I have to consult a professional technician.
All help appreciated.
Thank you.

Reaction score
Do you have any admin privileges while in safe mode, such as creating a new admin account ?

Reaction score
Hello,
I noted that I am not the first one who encounters a flashing screen after upgrading to Win10, managed to type the "msconfig" and now I am stuck in Safe mode with the system not accepting my password, which is a 4-digit PIN.
Is there a solution or do I have to consult a professional technician.
All help appreciated.
Thank you.
Yes, but no way to apply it since I am stuck at the sign-in-page

Reaction score
I have not been precise. It's my fault.
I was trying to ask you if you can, while in safe mode, create a new admin account WITH password ?
If you can, then restart > log in to the new admin account.
Are you able to do that ?

Reaction score
Thank you for your kind assistance. I only can open two windows:
1. the Welcome photo with time and date. Then, after hitting any key
2. the blue screen with my name and the request to insert the Password (which is always rejected regardless of the keyboard I select). Network connections are not available. Keyboard and mouse are working.

Reaction score
I am sorry. I don't think I am able to help you.
I don't want to waste any of your time.
Please wait a bit for someone to come along to help you.
Thank you and good luck

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you tried using the On Screen Keyboard, available under the Ease of Access Icon on the welcome screen?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have two separate Microsoft Accounts configured as administrator on my computer, both of which are configured with PINs and Picture Passwords, but when I boot into safe mode I am not able to use any of the advanced sign-in options and only have the option to use my MS ID "password".
I wasn't aware that you could even use the other sign-in options in safe mode, as I've never had that option.
Do you see a link that says "Sign In Options" or words to that effect?

Reaction score
Hello
thank you all for your kind assistance.

I solved the problem 30 minutes ago. And it was relatively simple.

I had a 4-digit password in my former Win 8.1 system. This did not work.

Then I used the "official" (old) Microsoft password and this was also not accepted at first. Until I found, that the keyboard input method was set to "ENG/UK" instead of "ENG" (English (Australia)/US keyboard). A change was all that was required.

"Check the original password and the correct Keyboard input method": an advise I missed in all the forums discussions.

Lesson learned.

Cheers

Ask a Question