Stuck on keyboard configuration

Reaction score
My Desktop which had been upgraded from Windows 7 back in July developed an issue with the Start menu in late September. I tried various fixes before deciding that the only feasible way to repair was to reload windows. I started this process but now I have got stuck on the keyboard setting which I set, it jumps through another configuration which I choose typical configuration then it goes into a restart. Five minutes later, I am back at the keyboard configuration page. It appears that along with the failed start menu and the Blue screen issue, this is quite a common problem. Microsoft seem to be slow in sorting a fix or for that matter acknowledging there is a problem. What is the quick easy fix?

Reaction score
By the way, so far, this fiasco has cost me about 2 grand plus about 3 days so although I am trying to be polite, I am actually fuming right now.

Ask a Question