Sudden Boot Loop Issue?

Reaction score
I woke up this morning to a constant boot loop into blue screen that gives me a memory_management blue screen error and restarts then occasionally gives me a driver_corrupted_expool blue screen.

It tries to start up automatic system repair which fails and works very rarely. Once i am in the system repair screen i try the startup repair and it just doesnt do anything and redirects me back to the blue screen boot loop. I had restarted my PC this morning after it was working and then it just randomly started doing this boot loop.

I need help fixing my issue with a bootable USB program i can use to fix the drivers or something. I need every other option other than reinstalling windows because i have tons of files i need on here.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Boot from the installation media. Maybe you can use the Advanced troubleshooting options to boot into safe mode.
If it is a driver issue then that might get you over the hump.
You can get the latest version of the ISO from here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench
Once you have the ISO, you can use ImgBurn to burn it to a DVD or Rufus to burn it to a USB ThumbDrive, either of which you can use to boot your computer.

When you've managed to boot from the installation media you need to click the Repair Your PC link on the second page after the Choose a Language and Keyboard layout page.
That should get you to the Advanced Troubleshooting options -> Startup Settings

CommandPrompt.JPG

Reaction score
Boot from the installation media. Maybe you can use the Advanced troubleshooting options to boot into safe mode.
If it is a driver issue then that might get you over the hump.
You can get the latest version of the ISO from here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench
Once you have the ISO, you can use ImgBurn to burn it to a DVD or Rufus to burn it to a USB ThumbDrive, either of which you can use to boot your computer.

When you've managed to boot from the installation media you need to click the Repair Your PC link on the second page after the Choose a Language and Keyboard layout page.
That should get you to the Advanced Troubleshooting options -> Startup Settings

View attachment 2402

I have already tried that and when i choose boot from safe mode it just does another blue screen loop. Which is why I am stuck and came here. I will try it again and report back.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Then it is probably not a driver issue.
You might want to try the option to ...... I don't remember the exact words but something like "Disable early antivirus something, something, something.

Reaction score
Then it is probably not a driver issue.
You might want to try the option to ...... I don't remember the exact words but something like "Disable early antivirus something, something, something.

Then what could it be?
Where would I be able to disable antivirus?
when i boot it up with the usb drive it instead says "UEFI Firmware Settings" in place of Startup Settings.... I cant log on or even get the the log on screen just windows 10 startup loop then BSOD then reboot constantly

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Boot from the installation media
At the first screen where it says something about language and keyboard layout
Hold the Shift Key on your keyboard and strike F10 key. That should provide a command prompt window in which you should type
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy
hit enter
when you see "the command completed successfully" type
exit
hit enter
Close the installation screen and reboot your computer
Tap the F8 key continuously during the boot process until you see the legacy boot menu.

Reaction score
Boot from the installation media
At the first screen where it says something about language and keyboard layout
Hold the Shift Key on your keyboard and strike F10 key. That should provide a command prompt window in which you should type
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy
hit enter
when you see "the command completed successfully" type
exit
hit enter
Close the installation screen and reboot your computer
Tap the F8 key continuously during the boot process until you see the legacy boot menu.
that didnt work

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
that didnt work
"that didn't work" means....
What exactly???
It doesn't tell me anything.
The command didn't work?
The F8 key didn't work?
Selecting "Disable Early Launch Anti-Malware Driver" from the legacy menu didn't work.
I'm not sure how you expect me or anyone else to guess what might be the results of what you have done to this point with a reply of "that didn't work"!

Reaction score
"that didn't work" means....
What exactly???
It doesn't tell me anything.
The command didn't work?
The F8 key didn't work?
Selecting "Disable Early Launch Anti-Malware Driver" from the legacy menu didn't work.
I'm not sure how you expect me or anyone else to guess what might be the results of what you have done to this point with a reply of "that didn't work"!
So I got it to get to the screen where i choose how to boot my system, Safe Mode, Disable Early Launch Anti-Malware Driver, etc... I chose each one and they all give me a blue screen saying the same thing, memory_management. Sorry I didn't elaborate but nothing seemed to work last night, the F8 key didnt do it it was F2 or F5 that brings me to the boot screen I just figured that out now.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Then perhaps you might try taking the error at face value.
Typically a driver issue can often be circumvented by a plain old Safe Mode boot, so as I mentioned above, it is probably not a driver issue.
You haven't told us anything about the system....
Manufacturer's Name, Model Name, Model Number, part number, etc., which might help if there is someone else with a similar or identical system with the same problem who might have information to share.

I would probably try booting the system with a single stick of memory and see if that helped at all. Taking care and paying attention to be sure that all memory modules are fully and firmly seated in place.
Failing that I would next download MemTest86+ http://www.memtest.org/
Grab the latest ISO from there and burn it to a CD using ImgBurn and boot the system with that and run the test for 6 passes.

Reaction score
Then perhaps you might try taking the error at face value.
Typically a driver issue can often be circumvented by a plain old Safe Mode boot, so as I mentioned above, it is probably not a driver issue.
You haven't told us anything about the system....
Manufacturer's Name, Model Name, Model Number, part number, etc., which might help if there is someone else with a similar or identical system with the same problem who might have information to share.

I would probably try booting the system with a single stick of memory and see if that helped at all. Taking care and paying attention to be sure that all memory modules are fully and firmly seated in place.
Failing that I would next download MemTest86+ http://www.memtest.org/
Grab the latest ISO from there and burn it to a CD using ImgBurn and boot the system with that and run the test for 6 passes.
Running memtest now.
here is my build:

Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E 6-Core 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 2011 130W BX80619i73930K Desktop Processor

MSI Big Bang-XPower II LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 XL ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

HyperX Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX16C10B1BK2/16X

Corsair Neutron Series 2.5" 256GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) CSSD-N256GB3-BK

800-Watt Modular, Active PFC 80 PLUS Gold, ATX 12V Power Supply LIGHTNING

LG Black 12X Blu-ray Combo Drive SATA Model UH12NS29 - OEM

EVGA 03G-P4-2669-KR GeForce GTX 660 FTW 3GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD10EZEX - OEM

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Any chance that, that Corsair SSD, which I will assume you are using for your OS, might have a firmware upgrade?
I ask because, it is possible and I stress possible, that the memory management error would be tied to the page / swap file on the disk.

Reaction score
Any chance that, that Corsair SSD, which I will assume you are using for your OS, might have a firmware upgrade?
I ask because, it is possible and I stress possible, that the memory management error would be tied to the page / swap file on the disk.
Hmm its a possibility. How would I be able to upgrade the firmware if i cant boot into windows? Take the SSD out and update in another pc?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Take the SSD out and update in another pc?
That would be the only way I can think of unless the provide some sort of boot media with the firmware upgrade on it.
Probably be best to just check their site or contact them with the information on the specifics for that drive and see if there is one out there before going to too much trouble.

Reaction score
That would be the only way I can think of unless the provide some sort of boot media with the firmware upgrade on it.
Probably be best to just check their site or contact them with the information on the specifics for that drive and see if there is one out there before going to too much trouble.
Just upgraded firmware on SSD but am running memtest for 8 runs before I try again. Will report back later.

Reaction score
still didnt work :[
updated firmware and ran memtest came back clean

Last edited:

Ask a Question