Surface 3 wake on opening cover

Reaction score
I have a Surface 3 with Touch cover... closing the cover sends the Surface to sleep, but opening doesnt wake it again - how can I make this happen?!

Thanks!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I wish I had a definitive answer for you but unfortunately I don't and I don't have a Surface 3 to use to see if I could duplicate your issues.
The only thing I might suggest is to check Device Manager find your keyboard (checking both Keyboards as well as Human Interface Devices HID) and make sure that the box on the Power Management tab is check to Allow this device to wake computer (or words to that effect).

Reaction score
I wish I had a definitive answer for you but unfortunately I don't and I don't have a Surface 3 to use to see if I could duplicate your issues.
The only thing I might suggest is to check Device Manager find your keyboard (checking both Keyboards as well as Human Interface Devices HID) and make sure that the box on the Power Management tab is check to Allow this device to wake computer (or words to that effect).

Unfortunately that's already ticked... and it works if I press a key, which is suppose isn't the end of the world, but I would prefer this to act as expected (a la every other tablet in the world) where opening the cover activates the screen!!

Ask a Question