SUrface Pro 3 wont update

Reaction score
I am stuck on a constant loop and cant not update my surface pro 3. "Update for Windows 10 Insider Preview June Update for x64-based Systems (KB3070677)", this is the update that will not install. I am on build 10130. Any help or any ideas. Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Try this and see if it helps.
Use Internet Explorer and go here http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=KB3070677
Add the proper version according to your system architecture to your basket.
The view basket
Click the download button
click the browse button and save it someplace that you'll remember (desktop is fine I suppose)
See if attempting the install manually outside of the windows update channel helps at all.

Reaction score
Thanks I tried but just stuck on main screen that says Microsoft update catalog. I guess I can't get past this build because of that. Maybe a fresh install or reboot?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Actually I've been reading some about your problem and a lot of people have gotten the 10130 ISO from Microsoft and mounted it and performed an inplace upgrade over top of 10130 by running the setup program from the mounted ISO.]
Evidently it is essential that you make sure that you check the box that says download updates early on in the upgrade process.
Might be worth a try.

Ask a Question