SOLVED switchingdownloads

Reaction score
In searching for a pc cleaner I got into product " should I remove it" they had download" Microsoft Security Essentials" I pressed the download buttom and the product was not the one I wanted it was"Sparktrust" I went back tried again same result. there were other products that were listed. I tried to download them and a different product came up. How do I find out what is causing this. Is it a popup, is "should I remove it" doing a switcharoo, is there something in my computer that will continue to do this. Should I report and to who. In my speed to use my computer I sped over a lot of material I should have read or many of my problems I wouldn't be having. I realized I am the biggest threat to not only my computer but any other computer I may contact. anyway what how would I find out about "should remove it"problem.

Reaction score
get rid of whatever you downloaded that is doing this. Try uninstalling it in control panel -uninstall a program
Then run Windows Defender and then download Malwarebytes and run that. Sounds like you have downloaded something that you just don't want but is not an actual virus. Malwarebytes call these things Potentially Unwanted Programs and offers to get rid of them!

Reaction score
I was not clear. Check the list of programs in control panel -> uninstall. If you see something that looks like the download that is trying to run all these other programs uninstall it.

An example: Microsoft Security Essentials does not exist on Windows 10, Sparktrust, whatever it is, you probably don't want it!

Reaction score
I uninstalled three program in the control box <Fix My PC Pro free><PC Cleaner Pro><Slim Cleaner Pro>. I also uninstalled SparkTrustPC Cleaner Plus shortcut I went to several sights to test and there were no problem. thank you. after that I did do what you suggested Instead of the Windows Defender which was turned off I ran Norton Security. I also downloaded Malwarebytes and ran it. I tested everything again my computer is working better than in has in months. After the cleaning I checked my trash and the cleaners had taken out quite a few apps. should I dispose or hang onto them a few days to make sure I don't them?