Synchronizing it all

Reaction score
Had a HDD crash on my desktop a while back that cost the best part of $1000 to recover as the rogue file that downed the PC managed to frag my backup external drive - that's what was going on at the time.

Anyway, while I was getting things together again, I accidentally typed in my Microsoft account name incorrectly (I was fragile at the time) & didn't bother to do anything about it as I had no use for synchronizing stuff at the time, but now I have a Microsoft phone, I'd like to get all my chickens in a row.

Can I revert to my real Microsoft account on the PC (the one I use on the phone) & how do I go about it?

I also have a laptop that seemed to escape creating an account as it started out as a Windows 7 system. Can I do something to bring it into the fold?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi John,

You can change your Microsoft account to a local account, then back to your new Microsoft account - that should do it :).

Just go to : Settings > Accounts and you'll see the options to convert the account type.

Ask a Question