SOLVED syncing with mobile phone running windows mobile 8 or 8.1

Reaction score
Would I be able to do this with windows 10 0n my laptop or would I have to await mobile 10?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Pretty sure that it is going to require Windows 10 Mobile on the phone and of course, the same account (MS ID).

Reaction score
I have Windows 8 phone and I can sync pictures, as well as calendar. Calendar syncs are automatic as every time I add an appointment it shows on phone, pc, as well as laptop. I don't use the internet on phone so don't know if those settings are the same.

Reaction score
Thanks. I wonder if Windows 10 will still be available for free download when mobile 10 has arrived.

Reaction score
I have Windows 8 phone and I can sync pictures, as well as calendar. Calendar syncs are automatic as every time I add an appointment it shows on phone, pc, as well as laptop. I don't use the internet on phone so don't know if those settings are the same.
Thanks, that's helpful. I assume that e-mail will be ok anyway as both devices sync with the service provider.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I wonder if Windows 10 will still be available for free download when mobile 10 has arrived.
I certainly hope so.
Yes - looks like the tech preview mobile version is now available from, e,g, tech advisor.
Shortly after I posted that they pulled that update because of an upgrade bug. So now they are saying sometime early next week. Evidently a few people got it prior to them taking it down.
https://twitter.com/GabeAul/status/642779404842610688
I assume that e-mail will be ok anyway as both devices sync with the service provider.
Yes, a lot of things will sync, based on your account log in ID, Cloud based stuff like OneDrive (music, pictures, etc.,) Mail stuff (outlook or Hotmail.com)
But I was talking primarily about the new Windows Phone Companion App that seems to want a Windows 10 phone with the same MS ID on both to work.

Reaction score
What phone is it, I think many tools can allow you to sync the phone .
Some phones has their own tools, Samsung has Samsung Kies, and HTC has HTC sync manager. For other android phones, AirDroid is a nice choice among many android backup programs, and it support wireless data transfer.

Ask a Question