SOLVED System Image Or Repair Disc

Reaction score
I have a small laptop which does not have a CD. I am trying to create a system repair disc onto a memory stick. It worked on Windows 8 before I upgraded to 10. How can I create a repair disc on the mem stick?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Recovery -> Create a recovery drive (link)

Capture2.JPG

Reaction score
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Recovery -> Create a recovery drive (link)
I must have a different Windows 10. The link and image you show is not what I get. When I click "create a system repair disc" I get a message stating I ned a CD/DVD drive. but my laptop does not have one. Tried using a mem stick, but that does not work.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Right click the Start Button and select Control Panel from the context menu.
Top right corner of control panel, drop down categories and change it to small icons.
Click the "Recovery" Icon.

Reaction score
Right click the Start Button and select Control Panel from the context menu.
Top right corner of control panel, drop down categories and change it to small icons.
Click the "Recovery" Icon.
I guess that's logical - if you want to see all, click "small icons" - I must not be logical enough ;-)
Seems to be working - my mem stik may not be big enough, but that is easy to solve.
Thx much

Reaction score
Unable to create a Recovery disc. Error: We can't create a recovery drive in this PC. Some required files are missing. My system is running Windows 10 Home Premium i3-4150. This error message is worthless. If certain files are missing, then the system knows it, so tell us, don't keep it a frustrating secret. Options?

Ask a Question