SOLVED System image

Reaction score
I have just created a system image to disc, and I would like to know how I go about verifying that the disc is working.
When I say disk it took 5 hrs and 19 disc's to finish.

Reaction score
I would like to know how I go about verifying that the disc is working.

I am not sure how to verify unless you start using them.

FYI ...............
If it is financially feasible, buy an external harddrive instead of using DVDs.
A 500 GB ext hdd can be had real cheap.
I use a 1TB ext hdd to store my system image backup. It takes about an hour, and I don't have to sit by the computer feeding it with DVDs whenever it asks for.
Besides, you don't just do it once and that's it. You'll need to do it regularly so that your image will be kept up to date. Imagine how many DVDs you will have to organize and store ?

Reaction score
I am not sure how to verify unless you start using them.

FYI ...............
If it is financially feasible, buy an external harddrive instead of using DVDs.
A 500 GB ext hdd can be had real cheap.
I use a 1TB ext hdd to store my system image backup. It takes about an hour, and I don't have to sit by the computer feeding it with DVDs whenever it asks for.
Besides, you don't just do it once and that's it. You'll need to do it regularly so that your image will be kept up to date. Imagine how many DVDs you will have to organize and store ?

Reaction score
The OP mage reference to a System Image. Is there a need to repeat this process again later or are you referring to a data backup.

Reaction score
I have several cheap 16GB flash drives ( $9 each IIRC good Kingston ones) and 3 enclosures.
1 for a 3.5" 1Tb drive USB 2 and SATA Drive was left over from somewhere
1 with a 500GB 2.5GB drive USB3 Spinner from my laptop when I replaced it with an SSD
1 with a 128Gb SSD USB3 relies on the PC to power it. drive that was replaced in a PC by a 256 GB SSD

The enclosures cost about $25-35CDN each.

Really useful for backups and storing distros

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
This thread was over 3 years old when it was revived today.

Ask a Question