System Restore & The Snooper's Charter

Reaction score
DANGER - I like Windows 10 and have come to trust it; so much so that I did not back up two weeks long, hard work on a new novel - with illustrations. I always, always backed up before W10. Yesterday I fiddled around with Google etc settings to see how to foil the UK's latest snooper's laws - yet again persistently being pushed by our wicked witch of the West, Mrs Teresa May, Minister of Spying on Innocent Citizens. She wants to publish everyone's web searches and emails to all 2 million civil servants - and to anyone who steals that data (e.g. Edward Snowden). This morning my e-mail wouldn't receive so I did what I have done for years - System Restore - which on W10 took an astonishing 45 minutes. ALL my work for 2 weeks had disappeared. My most important novel Word file and folders were named in RECENT DOCS but clicking on them got "these files don't exist". SHOCK HORROR - I did UNDO SYSTEMS RESTORE and the files came back. I've copied them to a stick. Happy Ending. But be warned, W10 Systems Restore does effect your work files. I read this morning that all Windows Users data is automatically stored at HQ for government access; so I suppose I could always get my files restored from the NSA or GCHQ.

Bif

Reaction score
"They" know/knew everything about everyone long before Windows 10 was even a thought..
Can't live life being paranoid..

Ask a Question