task bar at bottom of screen

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The Windows "Taskbar" cannot be deleted.
It can be moved to either of the four sides of your monitor simply by clicking, holding and dragging it to where you want it (right click and make sure lock taskbar is not selected).
You can also use the properties of the taskbar to auto hide it.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
Auto hide is the best way.
Also you can move it to the top and then hide it,
Use properties as Trouble recommended,
By the way I am not far behind your age

Reaction score
I have to ask. What selection buttons is it covering?

You can make it a little transparent, but it is a single setting in Windows 10 - no degree of transparency.

Reaction score
Edit: never mind, I see now that the taskbar options are in the Control Panel/Taskbar and Navigation not as an option when right clicking the bar.
I right click the task bar but get no properties option just "show app icons", "show all notification icons". and "show touch keyboard button". I can not drag it. Thankfully it hides automatically.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey, when I sent a shortcut to my desktop, not only did all the missing icons suddenly appear but so did the right click (desktop) screen and the missing right click (taskbar) screen as well. I killed at least three birds with one stone.

Ask a Question