Task Manager Will not Open

Reaction score
I searched here and on the internet for solutions. I tried most but still won't open. When I try ctrl+alt+delete the blue circle spins 2xs the goes blank, nada, zip nothing. I was able to access it 4 days before. O great noob whisper your my only hope.......

Reaction score
does it open with : right click Start, left click Task Manager, or right click Taskabar, left click Task Manager ?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
When I try ctrl+alt+delete the blue circle spins 2xs the goes blank, nada, zip nothing
IF that doesn't do it, then I'm thinking there is something seriously wrong.
As a last ditch effort launch an admin command prompt
Right click the start button and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu and in the command prompt window type
taskmgr.exe
hit enter
IF that fails and or produces the same results as your other efforts then in the same command prompt window type
sfc /scannow
hit enter
let it run and see what it says when it completes.

Reaction score
Finally tried taskmgr.exe and it worked, thanks. It would be great if I didn't have to go through this method to get to task manager, any suggestions?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
BretWin10 suggested two other methods to open Task Manager. Did or does either of those work?

Ask a Question