Taskbar becomes inaccessible

Reaction score
For the last two weeks, the Taskbar will become inaccessible after running the computer for awhile. I can see all the program icons on the Taskbar and the ones that had been opened are highlighted. But I cannot click on any Taskbar icon to open any new ones. I can't click on the Windows icon on the Taskbar either. The keyboard Windows key does not work either. However, I can click on and open or start all folders and programs that I have on the desktop. So it's not like the computer locked up. Only functions from the Taskbar.

If I close the programs that are opened using the Task Manager, the program icons on the Taskbar still are highlighted as if the programs are still running.

To get rid of the problem, I have to shut power off and re-start the computer. I have to use the power switch since I have no access to the Windows button on the keyboard or the Windows icon on the Taskbar as I mentioned above.

Reaction score
Hi Lincon,

what version of Win 10 do you have?. :)

Ask a Question