Taskbar Clock

Reaction score
There appears to be no way of configuring a taskbar clock on my Windows 10 desktop - I have tried every visible menu option.. The taskbar properties menu provides no option for a clock although I have seen Windows 10 displays that show a clock (and calendar).

Note: My original Windows 7 system, before the upgrade, had the taskbar clock disabled as I already had a clock gadget on display - could this be the reason?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
That would be my guess as well. MS has released a Memo about not using those gadgets in windows 7 as there was a major security breach in using them.

Reaction score
Have you right clicked on it mate.... you can customise [not how it looks] the date, time, region or add another clock with a different time zone.

Reaction score
just reformat your HDD and do a clean install.... upgrading from 7, 8, or 8.1 to 10 results in unwanted bugs.

Reaction score
There appears to be no way of configuring a taskbar clock on my Windows 10 desktop - I have tried every visible menu option.. The taskbar properties menu provides no option for a clock although I have seen Windows 10 displays that show a clock (and calendar).

Note: My original Windows 7 system, before the upgrade, had the taskbar clock disabled as I already had a clock gadget on display - could this be the reason?

Wonder if this is what you need.......

Start button > left side, Settings > click System > click Notifications and actions > right side, click Turn system icons on or off > is the click on Off setting ? If yes, click it to turn it On.

Clock ON.jpg

Reaction score
Thanks - the "Turn system icons on or off" text does not look like any other clickable items on that screen and I overlooked it. This has revealed a whole new Windows 10 world.

Reaction score
Haven't installed Windows 10, yet - but this is what I did to instal "tcllock" in Windows 7 as I had it in WinXP.
If Windows 10 will allow it you can try this:
1. Left click on Start
2. Right click on Computer
3. Left click on Properties
4. In left pane click on Advanced Systerm Setttings
5. Select the Advanced tab
6. In Performance click on Settings Button
7. In Performance Option page select Visual Effects tab
8. Select Adjust For Best Performance Button
9. All boxes should be unchecked.
If you have tclock.exe installed, you should now be able to set Font and Background color. That is what I use to have the date and time set in the norification area - if it interferes with other settings, I have no idea.

Sorry, for the elementary appearing directions, but it's the best I can do. I hope this works in Win 10, because that's what I'll try to go for when I do upgrade.

Ask a Question