SOLVED Taskbar icons disappear momentarily and then reload

Bif

Reaction score
Peculiar behaviour lately has surfaced,occasionally without rhyme or reason the taskbar icons disappear (sometimes all,and sometimes a few) for only a moment and then repopulate.I'm not running anything in particular and have my background processes down to a minimum.No ill effect from this happening would just like to find out why,I've thought about rebuilding/refreshing the icon cache but not sure that's going to solve the problem..or maybe it might.
Any id-ers?

I'll wait for a reply....

index.jpg

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you looked at the Event Viewer, either application or system Windows logs to see if you see any reference to app hangs or app crashes?

Bif

Reaction score
I could do this but I haven't a clue what Im looking for or what any of those events mean,could you give me the 5 cent tour and what some of the things I should be looking for?...it's all Greek to me unfortunately Trouble.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
basically you would be looking for anything indicating a warning (yellow triangle) or error (red circle with exclamation sign)
Inside Windows Logs -> Application or Windows Logs -> System

Bif

Reaction score
Thanks,I will giver a go later tonight and post anything questionable I find.

Cheers

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
if you can zero in on a time when the incident(s) occur it may help you zero in on the event in the event viewer as they are generally listed chronologically

Bif

Reaction score
if you can zero in on a time when the incident(s) occur it may help you zero in on the event in the event viewer as they are generally listed chronologically
Well,looked into things a little deeper per your suggestion and found that HP client services was hanging and not loading properly,so I disabled it all together in services as it serves no purpose at all and all is good.......so far.

a double Scotch for the man!

Cheers Trouble

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
NIce find.
Make mine an Old Pulteney 21 Year Old Single Malt if you please.

Ask a Question