Taskbar miniature windows disappear

Reaction score
I'm very happy with Windows 10 in general, but there is one thing that's annoying me. Hopefully it can be fixed.

If I have more than one Excel-file open at the same time, I get this problem with the taskbar: When I mouse-over the Excel-icon in the taskbar a small window with miniatures of the open Excel-files appears. So far, so good. But when I try to point the mouse at one of the small windows to make that specific file full screen, the window disappears. This doesn't happen if only one Excel-file is open. Then I can point at the miniature picture and move to that open file by left-clicking the mouse.

But with more than one open Excel-file it doesn't work. Then I have to first mouse-over the Excel-icon, and then press an arrow-key until a small X appears in the top right corner of the right miniature window. And then can I move to the file by left-clicking the mouse.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and how did you handle it?

Ask a Question