Taskbar problem

Reaction score
If I have a few programs open and try to switch between those programs in taskbar, I sometimes can't.

For instance, if Word is open and I want to check Chrome, I hover over the Chrome icon on the taskbar and the little preview window pops up. I click on the preview but it's still on Word. I have to minimize Word to see Chrome. To temporarily fix it, I have to shut down the said program and restart it to make it behave normally for a while. If it Chrome that's offending, I have to force close it with Alt Space C, restart it and load recent history.

This happens with Calculator and other various programs. Like sometimes if Word is open and I load Calculator, I can't see it because it's behind Word. Say I pressed 'restore down' to come out of full screen and resized Word to the right so I can also see Calculator on the left. If I move Calculator a bit it sometimes just vanishes and I have to reload it.

I only have for 4GB of ram, but I didn't have this problem with 32bit XP and 512mb of ram.

Is anyone else getting this annoying thing? Has anyone any ideas on how to fix it?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is anyone else getting this annoying thing?
I recall seeing a couple posts here and there, which seemed to be similar.
Can you use the "TaskView" button on the taskbar (next to Search / Cortana icon) and or Alt + Tab to switch between active / inactive programs successfully?
Are you running any Start Menu overlay, like "ClassicShell" or something similar?

Reaction score
Hi, I just tried TaskView and Alt + Tab to change programs but the same problem occurs. I'm not sure what a Start Menu overlay is.

Ask a Question