Temp_SafeToDeleteRefreshFile_Attempt0__File0

Reaction score
Maybe someone can explain this to me.

My old computer quit working so I had it sent back to HP. I did not get it back. I bought a new computer, logged in to my Microsoft account and now have a file the size of my the data that was taken up on my old computer. It is in the OS (C:) drive and is file type "file". The size is 734GB9which is what memory was used on my old computer). Below is a screen shot. Ideally I would like to reload this data if possible because I lost a lot of things that had not been backed up. Does any one know if this can be restored or should I just delete this file.

upload_2015-9-24_21-37-45.png

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
This is the second time I've seen someone with a similar question about that particular file.
AND
I have no idea where it came from or how or why is was created.
I do note however, that the date modified information is apparently within a minute or so of your Windows.OLD folder having been modified as well.
The Windows.OLD folder is where I would expect most files of any consequence to be located (post upgrade).
That particular file, of file type "file" may be just a place holder or a remnant of the Windows.OLD's folder creation.
In other words a method of enumeration as to what actually gets put into the Windows.OLD folder and may disappear on its' own at some point.

Not much of an actual answer I know, but most of what you are looking for should be contained in the Windows.OLD folder and if it is not, then perhaps something interrupted the process or for some reason it failed to put the data where it actually belongs and as a consequence you're left with that file.