Temporary Profile Issue

Reaction score
Hi

I have been getting a message that I cannot sign into my account and a temporary profile has been opened. I followed tutorials online and opened registry editor and went to the following location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

Here I deleted the S-1-5-21-3554671138-2758441273-864109907-1001.bak folder.
I think I deleted the wrong thing as all my data is gone and a brand new profile seems to be opening. Is there any way to recover my data.
Really appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards
Kaira Rohra

Reaction score
Hi Kaira,

do you have any restore points active?, you might be able to recover your system that way?.

Open Control Panel > Restore > Open System Restore and make sure you tick the little boxes (show more restore points). :)

1592930933627.png

Reaction score
Hi!
I tried that but I got an error message saying that i need to repair and restart my computer as something was corrupt in C Drive. So i did that. After that I went to the Restore points that you mentioned but i was stuck on a screen which said:
"Please wait while your Windows files and settings are being restored. System Restore is restoring the registry ."
It was stuck for about 2 hours on this screen so I forced shut down.
Now when Im starting the computer there's just a black screen coming. What shall I do. Please help! Thank you.

Best Regards
Kaira Rohra

Reaction score
Hi Kaira ,

read from " If you can't boot Windows 10 " in the following link which which get you into "Advanced Startup Options" where you can hopefully repair your computer. :)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Put down the mouse and step away from the computer. :)
Patience, look and listen. It may be the case where, your computer is doing its' level best to self correct and you are interrupting it at every turn.

When your computer is misbehaving, take the time to locate the hard drive activity light and observe if the system is busy. I know that in some instances they have discontinued providing a hard drive activity light, so....
In those instances you may have to rely on your ears to get a sense as to whether or not your computer is still trying to finish a repair.

What you see on your screen is not always the best indicator as to what is actually happening.
It was stuck for about 2 hours on this screen so I forced shut down.
2 hours may seem like a long time, but....
Depending on the nature of the repair necessary, it may be a small fraction of the time needed.

I've been known to leave my computer running overnight and just let it do its' thing.
On occasion I was pleasantly surprised by the results, while other times I had to step in with boot media and resolve the issues on my own.

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your advice! This time I will be more persistent. Please let me know what shall I do once Im on the advanced Troubleshooting Options screen. Im not sure which option to choose and don't want to risk trial n error method on my own. Thank you.

Reaction score
This hopefully will explain everything to you, you basically need to "Troubleshoot" your computer!. :)

If you have everything backed up, a reset might be a good option but you must be careful otherwise you will lose your personal files, you can keep your files by ticking the right box but you will have to re-install any apps you have!. You can install many apps quickly by going to the following website and selecting what you want. :)

Reaction score
Hi wolfie
I tried the advanced startup options menu. I tried to restore, repair and reset but its showing error in all these. Please help how to reset the machine now. Thank you.

Best Regards
Kaira Rohra

Reaction score
Kaira,

do you have important files on your computer or can you erase everything without a worry?. If you can erase everything, a clean install would be the best bet if you have so many problems!. :)

What you can try is the following link which will keep your personal files intact (you will have to search for them and re-install any apps you had afterwards!). ;)

Ask a Question