SOLVED Temporary Profile

Reaction score
New here. I'm stuck in a temporary profile. I can right click windows icon, but choices are limited. Can't access search or settings, or command prompt. Have run SFC System Scan with no results. My files are backed up to cloud and I'd be willing (eager) to uninstall & re-install Windows, but I can't get to a place I can do that. Any suggestions deeply appreciated. Thanks.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you tried your luck in Safe Mode or Safe Mode with networking.
Hold down the shift key while rebooting the system and get yourself into safe mode and see what that might produce in the way of available profiles.

Early on in Windows 10 development when this happened the simple act of booting into Safe Mode and then restarting the device again would often resolve the issue when you returned to a normal boot.

Reaction score
Have you tried your luck in Safe Mode or Safe Mode with networking.
Hold down the shift key while rebooting the system and get yourself into safe mode and see what that might produce in the way of available profiles.

Early on in Windows 10 development when this happened the simple act of booting into Safe Mode and then restarting the device again would often resolve the issue when you returned to a normal boot.
Thanks. Rebooting in safe mode didn't fix the problem, but when I followed your instructions, they took me to a place where I could uninstall & reinstall windows and that fixed the issue. Kudos. What a relief!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks. Rebooting in safe mode didn't fix the problem, but when I followed your instructions, they took me to a place where I could uninstall & reinstall windows and that fixed the issue. Kudos. What a relief!
Glad you got it sorted.
Thanks for the follow-up info.
Much appreciated.

Ask a Question