Terribly weird virus. Planted by some MS employees?

Reaction score
[Win10, Dell desktop. Firefox, WLMail2012]

My browser suddenly got an announcement that I have an infection (don't recall the name, could be (dozan or something) and to call a number. I hesitated and called and said this was Microsoft and was told they can fix it after I pay. I hung up and wanted to continue working on my browser by shutting it off. When I turned it on again I found the same announcement, plus a black background on which many texts were scrolling rapidly up and down and a mouse arrow going rapidly everywhere. Nothing helped. I couldn't use the browser. I had to go out to the street and use this computer. I don't know how to set up an email here, but I hope someone at windows10 forum can help me on what to do. I'll now go back home and see whether I can use my emails so I can read what some kind soul will tell me to do.

If when I get home I can't use my emails, Is it possible to call you by phone? of course I don't have this forum's number. Oh God, what to do??? I of course tried right away to run ccleaner plus all other "disinfectants" but as mentioned, this terrible thing doesn't let me use the internet at all! If i can't use the eamil either, could someone call me and reverse the charges please: 212-967-4818. I simply don't know what to do.....I'll be home in about half an hour or 9 pm NYC time.

Thanks ever so much to answer me to my email: (e-mail removed to prevent spam). and hopefully when I get home or whenever someone writes me, I'll be able to know what is that i can do to get out of this strange mess.. Adela

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hello....I just got home and found my computer working fine now. I ask what would've been all that tumultuous and rapid movements of white on black text plus my mouse arrow rapidly going around as if searching for something??? I'm relieved that it's ok now, however i wonder what someone did to my computer that may come up again/

Will appreciate very much again your help. Meantime I'll scan with ccleaner, anti-malware bytes and any other that i see floating aroundl

I anticipate my thanks for any info on this weird episode. Adela

Ask a Question