Text Messages.

Reaction score
Daughter new phone is running Windows 10 mobile and she is happy with it except for texting. It limits her to I believe 120 characters then writes a second and third message. I am an android user myself but am thinking of going over to a windows phone but this problem is puzzling me and would possibly put me off. Does anyone know if you can turn off the restriction, I have looked but so far I have had no luck finding anything.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
SMS messages are limited to 160 characters (it's a technical restriction that applies to any handset/network), however many phones will automatically split a message in to multiple parts and then join them seamlessly at the other end. My Android phone does this and lets me know how many parts it has been split in to.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Interesting.
I just sent this message to my daughter from my new Windows 10 Phone

wp_ss_20160216_0001.png

I did notice that it looks like it broke it down into 5 messages but as Ian suggested.....
I called my daughter who uses an Android phone and she reported that she received it complete and apparently reassembled as a single text message on her end.

Ask a Question