The 4K Monitor Pool

Reaction score
Anyone jumped in yet? My gotta have the latest gadget affliction is getting pretty active and I've scoured the net for information on pros and cons of the new high resolution displays and video cards. I've seen enough gotchas that kind of make me want to hesitate but the glowing revues are beginning to override the hesitations. It's a bit of an expensive proposition but I'm thinking the benefits justify the cost. I imagine that Windows 10 with a new high end video card should handle 4K quite well.

Reaction score
I'm still using 900x1600, so I think I can wait a few more years for 4K. Maybe a 4K TV but definitely not in a desktop monitor that is less than 25 inches. Gotta admit though the prospect of getting a large (possibly 4K) curved ultrawide for desktop is quite appealing over using dual monitors.

Reaction score
I currently use 27" monitors on both of my computers and I doubt I would ever be happy now with anything smaller. Matter of fact I'll probably move up to a 28-30" when I get a new one. Hard to imagine now the days of squinting at things on a tiny (by today's standards) CRT tube.

Reaction score
4k is unacceptable at 30 hz. And the power it would take to game at 4k is just out of my price range.

Reaction score
It does take a bit of horsepower to run at 4K and the new video cards (gtx 980, etc.) are all somewhere at or near the 5-600 dollar range. I just decided to get started and ordered an ASUS PB287Q monitor. There are a lot of options for video cards and I haven't made up my mind on one yet.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I just decided to get started and ordered an ASUS PB287Q monitor.
Looks awesome. Just watching the video on Newegg 4k UHD at 60Hz using the Display Port Cable.
Very nice. Definite a WOW!

Reaction score
I've been thinking about upgrading for quite awhile now. Been reading reviews and searching information till my brain is beginning to hurt. I still have to make up my mind about a video card but gotta admit I'm looking forward to some vastly improved graphics.

Ask a Question