The dreaded Driver Power State Failure error

Reaction score
I never had this problem with Windows 7, but ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I started getting this Driver Power State Failure error, message each time I boot up.

When I boot up it appears on a light blue screen and then it tells me it has to restart my computer. It begins showing me percentages until the computer restarts. When it reaches 100%, it does not restart but just hangs there. When I do a cold power off and on, it boots up and I don't get that error.

But without fail, I get that error when I do my first start up, or more frequently, seconds after I've started up and am in the middle of reading an email or doing something else. Yes, it is very annoying.

I started in Safe Mode and noticed that the drivers for my monitors (I have two identicle ones), showed an error sign. So, I uninstalled them and reinstalled the proper drivers. When i looked again, those errors were cleared up.So, I thought I was in the clear and that it would be solved. No other drivers showed errors.

Turns out I was wrong. This Driver Power State Failure error is back and doing the same thing. It is enough to make me want to switch to a Mac. Can anyone help with this error problem?

Thank you

Chuck

Ask a Question