The dreaded reboot loop

Tel

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I need some help drastically, My Toshiba Satellite L50B has suddenly developed the restart/reboot loop. I've had the upgrade for several months tink it downloaded a few days after release, and i've had no problems with it up until now.
I've been using the laptop up until last tuesday quite regularly with no problems, on the day in question i was goingto print off our wedding photos but the laptop jumped into the restart loop. I've gone into safe mode with no issues but could not remove any files. so i re entered the advanced setup a choose the reset option upon someones recommendation, now i can't re enter safe mode and every option i select sends me back to the blue automatic repair screen. Soi did a bit more research and found the bootable iso file downloaded the creation media software and made a bootable dvd, got home popped it into the laptop changed the boot arrangement in the bios restarted the laptop and guess wot happened yep you guessed welcome to the blue automatic repair screen i'm at a loss now so any help will be greatly received. Oh yeah i'm running Windows 10 64bit.

Tel

Tel

Reaction score
Tried system restore it reckons theres no restore created. removed the disk and re booted and guess wot back to the blue automatic repair screen. tried all the advanced options. Laptop won't load any of the safe modes or other options so i'm now stuck with possibly only one thing left pay someone to recover the files and i'll flat re install.

Reaction score
Windows 10 I believe turns off "Restore" by default for whatever reason only MS knows. Unfortunately, when Restore is turned "OFF" it deletes all of the previous restore entries. Try resetting your bios back to as found prior to the change, insert the ISO image disk again and see if Windows 10 will re-install. Please keep us posted, There's members on this forum that are more knowledgeable with your problem and will be glad to provide assistance.

Good Luck

Reaction score
stupid question how do i reset my bios
Reverse procedure of what you posted "got home changed the boot arrangement in the bios" If you didn't make any changes to the boot order in the bios settings, just pop the ISO disk back in and follow the instructions.

If there is a need to enter the bios boot order:
Power on the computer. Press the "Esc" key (upper left corner of the keyboard) immediately after turning on the power, hold "Esc" key for (three) 3 seconds then release it. Press the "F1" key when prompted on the boot screen to enter the Toshiba laptop BIOS setup program.

Last edited:

Ask a Question