The hills are alive, with the sound of low volume

DV1

Reaction score
Hi to All

This is my first posting here in the Win10 forums. Sometime back I used to post in the Win7 forums.
I recently got a refurbished computer: HP 6305 SFF. 4 GB Ram. The old one I had started having all types of problems. So, it was time to thank it for its service and move on.

The HP is working fine except for the low volume. I've read online articles about this, seen videos, etc. Tried some things but volume is still low.

I'm using the old speakers I had with the Dell, Polk Audio, usb, no powered. I could plug those into the headphones jack and get sound enough where I usually had to turn it down.

I tried connecting the speakers to the back panel speaker out-port but the sound there is even lower.

So, I'm just a volume problem away from having a PC that in all other respects is working well. I also got myself a 3-year service warranty so I don't have to worry later on about repairs and such. I spoke to someone at the store where I bought it, Fry's, and they said I could bring it in. I could do that - and may have to - but I figured first to ask here from those who have a lot more flight time with Win10. Maybe there's a simple solution I'm overlooking.

Thanks for any help

Daniel

Ask a Question