The InterFace

Reaction score
After loading up 10 and relearning how my computer now works I have a suggestion for Microsoft. Instead of trying to produce the next vision of how you think computer interfaces should work and look consider multiple offerings, (looks.) Change whatever you like under the hood but let the end user have some autonomy to decide what they prefer. Allow others to design the front end, farm it out and see what someone else comes up with.
The Linux model comes to mind were many different interfaces are available for the end user, instead of the one size fits all and hope all will enjoy the next iteration of interface.

Reaction score
This is not Microsoft.
Just one of many forums where people come for solutions to their computer problems.
Your suggestion can only be heard if you go to your Feedback app and post there.

Reaction score
Understood ... I doubt the solution I'm looking for will come from Microsoft. Thanks

Reaction score
There will likely be all manner of third party apps appearing that will provide you the ability to do what you're suggesting. It didn't take long for apps to appear that let people change Window 8's start menu and I'm sure that apps are in the works for Windows 10 also.

Reaction score
After loading up 10 and relearning how my computer now works I have a suggestion for Microsoft. Instead of trying to produce the next vision of how you think computer interfaces should work and look consider multiple offerings, (looks.) Change whatever you like under the hood but let the end user have some autonomy to decide what they prefer. Allow others to design the front end, farm it out and see what someone else comes up with.
The Linux model comes to mind were many different interfaces are available for the end user, instead of the one size fits all and hope all will enjoy the next iteration of interface.
The different Linux interfaces are made by different entities. That's the difference. There isn't one Linux developer.

Ask a Question