The video failed to play

Reaction score
Is anyone having a problem playing app videos? The message received is "The video failed to play." Have not been able to find a solution, except that restarting the computer sometimes results in the app videos playing but sometimes not. A search in this forum does not list this problem. I am using Windows 10 Pro Build 10586. All had been working well up to 3 or 4 days ago when the problem first occurred. The videos that fail are the ones related to apps such as "Get Started," "PBS," "CBSN," etc. Can anyone give me some help with this?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Robert,

The most common cause for your Error is a corrupt system file needed by the App to play video feeds.

So the first things worth trying to resolve your issue would be a System File Check

• Press Winkey + X
  • Click on Command Prompt (Admin)
  • Type the following: SFC / SCANNOW | then press Enter key

The scan will take a few minutes. Once it completes it will tell you if it found any corrupt files. It will also tell you whether it succeeded in repairing them or not.

Report back if the System File Check does not resolve your issue.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I did run SFC but no problems were found. As mentioned, a restart works some times and not on others plus the problem is recent as all videos played well since Win 10 was installed.

Ask a Question