Themes & Desktop Background

Reaction score
I use a pictures folder from my DATA (D:\) partition for my desktop background/wallpapers slideshow. It contains 576 picture (.jpg) files and is 278 MB in size and I set it to change the picture at random every 1 minute. For some reason (unbeknownst to me) the Windows 10 OS randomly (without reason) keeps reverting my settings and starts projecting 8 to 10 of the pictures from my set folder which it stores at "%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\RoamedThemeFiles"\DesktopBackground. I have tried deleting these 8-10 pictures from this OS cache, I have tried copying my set pictures folder to this cache and I've tried copying all of the picture files from my folder to the cache at "%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\RoamedThemeFiles\DesktopBackground" but I still cannot stop this stupid behavior on the part of Windows 10. This same issue is occurring on three of my machines that have different builds/hardware and spec's that are all running the same Windows 10 Version 1511 Build 10586.104 and the same issue has continued through all builds even back through the preview builds.

Last edited:

Ask a Question