This app can't run on your PC

DCS

Reaction score
Has anyone received this annoying message frequently popping up on their PC, with no real suggestion of a solution?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Any indication as to what app it is?
Does this happen at startup?
Or when you are attempting an install?

DCS

Reaction score

At startup, and periodically throughout all sessions. Have no idea what it refers to.

Reaction score
I dont know if I have been just plain lucky in that I have had not one single issue since the launch of Windows 10. Everything has run like clock work, and I do feel sorry for everyone who has or still having problems. I do hope that everyone manages to get the various issues sorted out

DCS

Reaction score
Sometimes, problems occur at the download process. Maybe you could download again. Just be patient.
It happens regularly, every time, and throughout sessions. I sometimes feel it may be the Talktalk security software which is monitoring my PC. When my McAfee licence, paid, ran out I took up the offer to load their freebee security software. Since then I also get regular pop-ups telling me of the times it has stopped unwelcome viruses, bugs, advertising pop-ups etc.
Thank you to everyone who has kindly responded.

DCS

Reaction score
I am not very good at this but the app reads as C\windows\system32\cmd.exe. All this in a white-on-black box. The blue pop-up box has the error message.. Not sure if this is at all helpful

Reaction score
I've had similar issues with files not being accessible due to permissions. Some apps put out a descriptive message but others do no and just quit. Also as a short cut to circumvent, run as Admin works for some apps but others like Quicken it does not. Quicken puts out a message that it doesn't support "Run as Administrator." This is a bit of an issue as the "user" is typically "running" as an Admin but in that case Quicken doesn't complain. Same with QuickBooks however after one run as Admin, it changed something (got a message asking for permission to make changes), then it runs just fine without "Run as Admin.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
I dont know if I have been just plain lucky in that I have had not one single issue since the launch of Windows 10. Everything has run like clock work, and I do feel sorry for everyone who has or still having problems. I do hope that everyone manages to get the various issues sorted out

Same here and on another forum I have been helping others to sort out most of the problems they have had out of 50 problems helped solve 45 of them all to do with browser, printer, and mail problems

Ask a Question