This PC: The phone device/disk that cannot be removed.

Reaction score
How do I remove this troublesome Phone Icon from This PC folder.

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 529
Reaction score
The phone device has been removed from the device and printers at control panel. as a bluetooth device and as a wired device and never had been installation of the phone driver

Reaction score
I have a device showing up like that. After some research it is my neighbours wifi printer broadcasting its ID.

Reaction score
I have a device showing up like that. After some research it is my neighbours wifi printer broadcasting its ID.
Sadly, that was no neighboor boardcasting any ID, its my phone name.
When the same phone is connected it shows this(1st picture):
When I right click that plague it shows this:

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 564
  • New Bitmap Image2.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 552

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I believe I have problem that no one has ever encountered before.
I'm not sure what "problem" you are describing.
My phone does exactly the same thing, when connected it presents itself in Devices and Drives

Capture2.JPG

If you don't want it to behave normally, then you can stop connecting it.
If your computer supports Blue Tooth natively, then you can turn off Blue Tooth on one end or the other (your phone or computer).

Reaction score
Thank you for the solution for one of my other problems on another pc.
However, the bluetooth was turned off for both the pc and phone.
Although its there in 'This PC', the device is not reflected in control panel under devices and printers.
Under device manager, with the show hidden devices option enabled, it is also not reflected.
Even under disk management there is just my disk and external hard disk, no phone device connected as a disk.
I even cleared the list of bluetooth paired devices and no luck.
I did try looking through the registry but with only luck on how to hide the 6 folders shown in 'This PC'
All I can say is that is just there and there is nothing I can do with it. I believe my answer is in regedit
Something wrong in the registry is causing an item to be unremovable by normal means

Ask a Question