SOLVED Thread stuck in device driver

Reaction score
In Windows 10 I've been getting the blue screen hangup indicating I have a problem. Error msge displayed Thread stuck in device Driver. That's nice but which driver ? I was getting my wireless mouse to freeze up for about 30 seconds every so often all the time.

I had used Drive Booster from Iobit during the past year but I couldn't figure out what the last driver I had updated to try a roll back. After searching the internet I found out lots of people are having this problem. Someone suggested to run command DriverQuery but they fly past so fast you can't see any dates installed, if they are even shown.

Too make a long story short I tried Device Manager to see if I could roll back any of the drivers. After displaying every driver there was one that had a roll back comment shown for Display Adapters. After I rolled the driver back and restarted my Acer Aspire V5-122P the mouse no longer froze and so far everything seems back to normal.

Ask a Question