Three months on and still fundamental unfixed errors. Where are Microsoft?

Reaction score
I run 8 different computers for business reasons. In October, like the rest of the world I moved from preceding versions of Windows with four of my computers onto Windows 10 Pro 64. The first three were not business critical so of course their installation ran like a dream. Hence I took my "take it with me" laptop and upgraded it then reinstalled Office 365 because it had not survived the upgrade. the other machines remain on Windows 7/8.

I had the business critical issues with Outlook and followed the sketchy/non-existent support offered by Microsoft. It prevented me from sending E-Mails but in th end I researched the web and fixed it myself.

The biggest issue with this "upgrade" remains twofold on this laptop.

1. The Store App flashes up briefly then disappears. This sounds trivial but means that I cannot use my integrated camera, which is business critical to me. Of course it also means that I cannot install any apps, but that is probably a good thing.

This is an issue that has been present for many, many weeks now, since day one for very many people. Microsoft have done nothing to fix it. and yes, of course I have run sfc /scannow. Lots of times.

2. The other issue is that I cannot switch this brand new computer off. It goes to sleep but the on/off button remains illuminated. Embarrassing on aircraft and at airport security. And of course the battery dies.

They urged us to upgrade and then sat on their hands and did nothing. Does anyone know any way to contact help other than unanswered e-mail.

Ask a Question