Threshold 2 windows 10 update

Reaction score
I reserved Windows 10 upgrade in July. App shows that computer is compatible. It is near the end of Nov. and no notification to install. Should the Threshold 2 update allow me to install Windows 10? Everyone around me seems to have gotten the notice to install the upgrade but me. How patient am I suppose to be?

Reaction score
Assuming you have an activated installation of an earlier, qualifying OS, you can download Windows 10 and mount it within your existing OS (7/8.1) an d install it from there. It will then complete the update for you
Alternatively, have a look here. I once experimented with this, and it worked for me

http://techdows.com/2015/06/how-to-enable-get-windows-10-app-icon-windows-7-or-8-1-taskbar.html
Thanks for the reply Dave. The icon in the system tray indicates that the app was downloaded and my system has be checked and is compatible. I just haven't received notice to install.

Reaction score
Oh. I see. Then have you clicked in to the Control panel and checked your latest updates? The upgrade should be sitting there, but classified as "optional". Accept that you want it, and the upgrade should commence.

Ask a Question