Thumbnail Image Default Frame (Please help, I am going insane!)

Reaction score
I have one little issue that no one from Microsoft can seem to help me with, they just keep saying "you can change the specific thumbnail image"

ALL I want is like in Windows 7 where my video thumbnails show a random frame of the video vs the windows 10 which shows the first frame.

All my videos have an intro so All I see in my folder of thousands video is an intro thumbnail. Not helpful what - so - ever.
thumbnails1.jpg

Any thoughts? I appreciate the help so much! I am going insane with this new thumbnail setting!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Sorry, but after 70 views and no comments, my suspicion is that no one has an answer or even a suggestion for you.
You're definitely not being ignored.

Reaction score
Hello, thank you for the reply. I figured no one was speaking up, sad that no one has an idea how to fix it. I am going insane haha. Thanks again!

Reaction score
I seem to remember Windows 7 allowing you to see a frame for the folder. I don't currently have an option to test, but is the folder the video is in designated as a media folder? I suppose if it is there are no options to select specific videos or frames to use?

I will check my system to see if I can find anything and post back if I do. The videos are of a Windows compatible version? I do see an option to choose a file but I only have one .mov file and it may not work.

Ask a Question