toggle-switch volume controls Reveresed

Reaction score
Hi, Most Windows tablets come with toggle-switch volume controls mounted along their left or right edge, mine is the right side, Asus. The top button turns up the volume; the lower button decreases the volume. Mine is just the opposite and it drives me crazy. Is there a setting i am missing to get this to work right? I hate that the top tab lowers my volume and the bottom tab raises it... Please help

Reaction score
Sounds like a manufacturing quality control issue. If it's under warranty I would be contacting ASUS and, or place of purchase.

Reaction score
On a Notebook/Laptop the right-most keys will be beside or part of the Number Pad. Is that the case and have you tested by toggling the NumLock key?

Reaction score
Haven't had the Notebook/Laptop long?

This is an example of the number pad portion of some keyboards:

Attachments

• Numpad.png
    Numpad.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 506
Reaction score
I know what I'm doing with computers, more than a novice and less than an expert. But if I remember right, I think there is a setting to reverse the volume toggle. The mouse|touchpad has the option to change left or right tap...

Reaction score
Possible. My ASUS, Dell Studio, Dell Vostro, HP and Dell Inspiron Notebooks with the Number Pad don't have it. All mouse settings of the last several years have the ability to change amount of scroll, speed of scroll, click speed, switch of the mouse buttons, etc. Several also apply to the Touch Pad.

Reaction score
Possible. My ASUS, Dell Studio, Dell Vostro, HP and Dell Inspiron Notebooks with the Number Pad don't have it.

Well one good thing is when it's in tablet mode it work normally, because the keyboard is now upsidedown

Reaction score
Sorry, missed that it seems to be a 2-in-1 Tablet/Notebook. I have a similar 11" Dell.

Reaction score
This is what I found on Google. I'm not sure it will answer your question
Asus.PNG

Ask a Question