Tor browser

Reaction score
Hi I am new to all this so need as much help as I can get.i need to no is tor browser safe to use

Reaction score
Some download sites can be questionable but I've found www.filehippo.com and www.sourceforge.net to be reliable, CNET not so much in the past due to additional baggage on some downloads but probably have cleaned that up by now. The site www.majorgeeks.com has always provided me with sure-fire programs when needed.

The TOR browser is aimed at privacy issues and probably more reliable in that respect than some of the other versions of lesser known browsers.

Reaction score
Hi thanks for that information thats help me a lot.does..some times my browser blocks me is there something I am doing wrong

Bif

Reaction score
Hi I am new to all this so need as much help as I can get.i need to no is tor browser safe to use
To answer your question , TOR was thought in the past to give the user complete anonymity but this is no longer the case..if by your question "is it safe to use" then yes in the context of simply browsing, but if your intended uses are going to be "anonymously" downloading movies,music and the like then no it's not safe or secure. In recent years TOR has been cracked and no longer (questionable if it ever did) provides 100% anonymous browsing.
Browsing habits not the browser you use is your safest practice.
The general use of TOR is to be "invisible" and "untraceable" by the powers that be, so please exuse my assumption.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...e-nsa-or-anyone-else-can-crack-tors-anonymity

Last edited:
Reaction score
Agreed. I ran through, and tried, quite a list of modern day browsers. IMO, Tor came near the bottom in useablity

Reaction score
How can you be anonymously online is it even possible..so if I even wanted to DOWNLOAD movies or music it's still not safe and you can be traced so there is no browser or anything to protect your self

Bif

Reaction score
If you are surfing the web, NO browser will hide your activity regardless what you read or what settings you use... your ISP also knows all of your browsing habits.
I'm not sure by the intonation of your last comment if you are making a statement or asking another question.
Back to OP, TOR is no more safe or unsafe for browsing than the next browser, but as Davehc brought up as well..the "useability" factor is an issue.
If by "safe" you mean, hiding your activity..then no it's not.

Ask a Question