Tracking files, hack

Reaction score
I just used CCleaner and saw that 1930 new tracking files were added to my computer today. I removed them and discovered that Google had put 1,775 of them on my computer in less than 6 hours. I was hacked last Friday through the Amazon.com site and they will not respond or even talk to me about it. My clains adjuster will not go forward because Amazons security department will not even give one word on the subject. I called them, on the number they gave me and also have the woman's name and dept. she works in. They would not let me talk to her even though she asked me to call her will any added info. I have been with them since 2011, made over $100,000 in purchases in 3 years. I closed the account permanently yesterday which was confirmed by Amazon's email. Then this morning it showed, in their email to me, that as I requested, they reopened my account. I called again today to have it closed permanently. They are using the same identical MO that facebook used with me when I permanently cancelled my account. What is going on here?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
These "tracking files" are cookies, which are used on almost every page of the interernet. They're a lot more harmless than the name may suggest (http://www.whatarecookies.com). For example, we use them on this site to ensure that a user is logged in to the site.

When you say you were hacked by Amazon, what do you mean? What happened?

Ask a Question