SOLVED Trouble shutting down?

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first time here. I'm having some issues with Windows 10.

Well, most of the times when I turn down my computer it just doesn't ! It shows the message "Shutting Down" but again, it doesn't! Then when I turn it back on the battery is like at 1% or totally uncharged because it was on all the time.

That's not actually the only problem, sometimes I suspend my notebook and obviously I close it. But when I open it again, nothing happens, the screen is all black like it's still suspended, and in order to be able to use it I must press the button to force it to shutdown.

Is that happening to anyone else? Can somebody help me? I would really appreciate that ! Cheers !

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Check here
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options
Left column
"Choose what the power buttons do"
Make sure they are set correctly, then look near the bottom on that page for any reference to
Quick Start, or Rapid Start (can't really remember what it says), if you see it there, click the link at the top that says
"Change settings that are currently unavailable" and then uncheck it and see if that helps.

Right click the Windows Logo on the bottom left of your screen and choose "shut down" from that menu.
Does your computer shut down then?

Open an admin command prompt
Right click the Windows Logo and choose Command Prompt (Admin) and type
shutdown /s /t 00
Does your computer shut down then?

Investigate you power settings options specific for your power button.
See image

powerbuton.JPG

Reaction score
Thanks for answering dude! But actually the problem was a missing chipset driver! All good now ! Cheers!

Ask a Question