trouble with entering scanned document so can e-mail it

Reaction score
I could scan a document using my Windows xp program and retrieve it by saving it in documents. Now with windows10 I am able to scan the document, it shows down along the bottom bar, but I cannot get it saved in order to e-mail it. Help......

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Marti and welcome to the forum.
Are you using the native Windows Fax and Scan program or are you using third party software that perhaps came with your scanner to accomplish the task.
Typically Windows Fax and Scan will auto save scanned images in your Documents Folder in a sub-folder called "Scanned Documents".
Similarly, often third party software will save to "Scans" or "My Scans" or something similar.
OR
You are prompted for a save location after the scan has been performed.

IF you are unable to Scan at all as your post might indicate, then perhaps you need to reinstall your scanner software / driver package.
You may want to check Device Manager -> Imaging Devices to see if your scanner is listed there or elsewhere as perhaps a problem device.

Reaction score
I have an Epson Multi-function printer and I have the Epson Scanning software installed. It does what you want.

Win 10 is supposed to have a simple scanning utility but when I enter "scan" in the search box my Epson software starts... Probably set up during the install of the software.

Ask a Question