Troubles with MS Outlook 2016 after W10 upgrade (0x800CCC13)

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I need your kindly advice, because I have troubles with Outlook 2016 after W 8.1 upgrade to W10.
When I try to send e-mail, I have error code 0x800CCC13. ("cannot connect to the network..") Incoming mail are OK. From time to time, when I'm sending e-mail as a "reply" is OK. (sic.!) Other post clients (like windows mail) works OK.
I have troubles only with incoming mail in Outlook 2016.
1) I turn off windows firewall - no effect
2) scanpst - no effect.
3) Office 2016 reinstallation - no effect.
I assume that pop3/smtp configuration (account settings) is ok
Who knows how to solve it?

Reaction score
I have exactly the same problem. Tried all sorts of things but can't fix it. Hope someone has found a fix that works.

Reaction score
Thx, I have found this solution in Outlook 2013 topic. This solution also works with Outlook 2016.
Problem has been solved by using sfc/scannow command.

bud

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I need your kindly advice, because I have troubles with Outlook 2016 after W 8.1 upgrade to W10.
When I try to send e-mail, I have error code 0x800CCC13. ("cannot connect to the network..") Incoming mail are OK. From time to time, when I'm sending e-mail as a "reply" is OK. (sic.!) Other post clients (like windows mail) works OK.
I have troubles only with incoming mail in Outlook 2016.
1) I turn off windows firewall - no effect
2) scanpst - no effect.
3) Office 2016 reinstallation - no effect.
I assume that pop3/smtp configuration (account settings) is ok
Who knows how to solve it?

When I run telnet mail.tpg.com.au 25 , the server doesn't respond (need to install telnet first).
Something in Windows 10 is blocking traffic to TCP 25. I tried adding an allow rule to the Windows firewall though it didn't work.
I fixed this problem by changing my mail client to use SMTP TCP port 587 with TLS instead of TCP 25. Worked like a dream.
sfc /scannow didn't work for me.

Ask a Question