Turn on Network Discovery on and make PC discoverable off

Reaction score
After my tablet had been updated by the Creator update it ceased to be visible on my laptop in File Explorer under Network. I checked under "Advanced sharing settings" that Network Discovery was turned on, and it was, but I subsequently found that "Make this PC discoverable" was set to "off". When I turned that on, the tablet became visible again. I would have thought that turning on Network Discovery and making the PC discoverable would have been the same thing, but in that case how could one be on and the other off? I'm probably missing something very obvious here but I'd be grateful for any explanation. Thanks.

Reaction score
Every major update, even the monthly updates, sometimes wreak havoc in your settings and reset them to default, whatever MS seems to be right as "default". It's a well known fact and annoyance for the user...
Life with Windows 10 as a Service... :rolleyes: :eek: :confused: ;)

Reaction score
Windows 10 updates are another bug (we don't need) on the windshield of life.

Reaction score
Make sure your network is set to Private. If it shows as Public, use the homegroup settings to set the location.

Ask a Question