Two issues on restart

Reaction score
I've got an HP laptop with an AMD processor in it (not sure if that is relevant or not). 16Gb memory.

I have it set so that when I close the lid it goes into sleep. After 2 hours it then hibernates.

Sometimes when I open the lid, it hasn't hibernated but has shut down. This has only started recently.
The other thing that sometimes happens is that when Re re-open the lid, even after 5 minutes, the wifi network adapter (realtec) has disappeared. It's not in device manager and therefore I have no internet connection. A shutdown or hibernate (if it works) restores it.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? It seems to have got a lot worse recently.

Alan

Reaction score
Thanks Wolfie. I am on the latest and greatest anyway.

What seems to have solved the loss of the network adapter is rolling back to the previous version. I did try taking off the latest cuumulative Windows update (Jan 21) but that made no difference.

Alan

Reaction score
Check the network adapter via device manager. Look for a button ' shut down for power saving' or similar words. Turn that off it is a long standing Windows 10 thing with some adapters especially with realtec.

Reaction score
You can also select "connect automatically."
Not sure why the computer is shutting down, but, if you have selected "sleep" then I don't think the hibernate feature will work.

Reaction score
Also, do you know what driver version for the WiFi network adapter you had/have before the problem started?. :)

Ask a Question