Two of my Three devices can't see any other network devices

Reaction score
Ok, I have 3 devices, all running Windows 10 64 bit. Two are older laptops (2 and 4 years old respectively) and one is a Surface Pro 4.

I recently moved into a new place here in Thailand and have decent internet wifi in my apartment. When I set up my computers, all of them can connect to the internet with no problem, but only the Surface Pro 4 can see any other devices on the network. Neither of the laptops can see either the Surface Pro, each other, or any homegroups started by other devices. All of the devices are fully updated.

I have each identifying my network as private and I have discovery and sharing turned on for each device. I’ve also tried rebooting the router (a suggestion on some forum), all with no luck.

Any suggestions are welcome.. pretty frustrating stuff. Please bear in mind that I’m not technical, so rooting around in the registry or other system resources is pretty undesirable.

Thanks

Ask a Question