Two questions regarding Windows 10

Reaction score
I'm trying to compare two word documents and have always used the function 'show windows side by side'. However, windows 10 wont let me do that function and just makes the boxes smaller and on the left side of my screen. Does anyone know why this function doesn't work?

I am also having trouble with setting a screensaver. When I had the last Windows update I could shut the lid of my laptop and when reopening the lid I could just type my password in. Now if I shut the lid and reopen, the page i get is my homepage so anyone can access my documents. I Have tried to change the settings to get the screensaver to work but it wont, any help?

Reaction score
on the second point .. under All Settings - Power & sleep - on left you should see 'choose what closing the lid does' .. select your option .. you may also want to look at Password protection on wakeup, etc

For screensaver - All Settings -Personalization - Lock Screen - should be option to right at bottom 'Screen Saver Settings' - have you tried these? (works for me) - here you can select 'on resume display log-in'

In word (2013) I open 2 docx - Arrange All - BESIDE THAT - View Side by Side - again - works for me

Reaction score
Tim H suggestion is what I have used, but I can open as many instances on the desktop (which I believe is what you are seeking?) merely be clicking the start menu item.
But the problem may be here:

Settings - System - Multi Tasking.
In the first Item "Arrange windows---etc Switch to Off

Ask a Question