Typical Windows Snafu : backup

Reaction score
I tried to have windows perform a backup. They ran it and said it was a failure as I "cannot backup an external drive". So I unplugged it, scratching my head, and re-tried the backup again, trying to figure out how they were going to do it.
They said they couldn't find the backup location! Duh, thats what the ext hdd is FOR ! You have been backing up my system to the same drive in the past, so why can't you do it now? There is nothing on it except backups, windows and my own.

I could not find a way to exclude the ext drive from being backed up either. I guess I will have to stick with Macrium as it works w/o screwing up. Sheesh.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I guess I will have to stick with Macrium as it works
That certainly sounds like a plan to me.
Personally, I've never had much in the way of positive results from the native backup utility, although I know some people who absolutely swear by it.

When it comes to protecting your data, I say.... Go with something you trust... until something happens to change that.
I've been using Acronis since the late 90s and have never had a problem that wasn't my own fault.

Last edited:

Ask a Question