Typing problem

Reaction score
Every time I hit the space bar for the next word the cursor goes back to the beginning of the sentence.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi and Welcome to the Forum Skipperjack.

Are you able to expand on your question a little please.

For example, are you experiencing this issue on a Laptop or Desktop? What model is it? Dell, HP, etcetera.

What application are you experiencing this cursor jump in? Browser (if so which one), Word, something else?

These details will help others help you. Without those details, any response given while valid, may not resolve your particular troubles.

Regards,

Regedit32

Regedit32

Reaction score
If your laptop has a touchpad on it, then you could try a free utility called TouchFreeze which disables the touchpad as you type. It was developed a while ago, as a method to prevent cursor jumping in laptops and for many users resolved the symptom you describe.

http://touchfreeze.net/

Worth a shot.

Other than that you could check whether driver updates for your keyboard and mouse if you have one, help.

By the way the symptoms you are describing occur for laptop users of Mac, Linux and Windows, so its not a issue directly related to the OS per se, hence my somewhat limited options above.

Someone else may have other ideas on what you could do.

Report back on how you go trying the above suggestions.

Reaction score
If your laptop has a touchpad on it, then you could try a free utility called TouchFreeze which disables the touchpad as you type. It was developed a while ago, as a method to prevent cursor jumping in laptops and for many users resolved the symptom you describe.

http://touchfreeze.net/

Worth a shot.

Other than that you could check whether driver updates for your keyboard and mouse if you have one, help.

By the way the symptoms you are describing occur for laptop users of Mac, Linux and Windows, so its not a issue directly related to the OS per se, hence my somewhat limited options above.

Someone else may have other ideas on what you could do.

Report back on how you go trying the above suggestions.

First I'd like to thank you for the quick and positive response and recommendations. I downloaded touchfreeze as you suggested, but I'm afraid it didn't help. I will check for driver updates also.
Thanks again.

Regedit32

Reaction score
OK will wait and see how you go there.

Have you inspected your actual keyboard to make sure no keys are sticking? It could be as simple as that leading to this mysterious cursor behavior.

Reaction score
Just a thought?? Have you ever had, or downloaded, anything to do with Arabic/middle east software.

Ask a Question