Unable to connect to internet after restart

Reaction score
Hello all! This is my first post, and I'm actually trying to solve something on behalf of my boss.

The internet functionality works fine on his PC after upgrading from Win 8 to Win 10, though there is one problem that we cannot seem to figure out. Whenever the computer is restarted, it somehow cannot connect to the internet. This is especially weird because it will connect after being booted up from a full shutdown.

I should also mention that this is connected via Ethernet cable, not WiFi.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Let me know if more information is needed. Thanks!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
First check device manager, expand network adapters, select then right click the problem adapter and choose properties.
Select the Power Management tab along the top and uncheck Allow computer to turn off device to save energy or whatever that wording actually is.
Second, check your Control Panel Power Options, drill into the Change advance power settings, Scroll down to PCI Express and turn off Link State Power Management.
See if that helps with the issue.

Ask a Question