SOLVED Unable to Finish Restoring Folder Previous Version

Reaction score
As dumb may it sound, I accidentally deleted folders such as Desktop, Documents, and Pictures from OneDrive folder. Those three folders contain very important files that I should have.

It can't be found in Recycle Bin because the option was to permanently delete.

Which is, I thought those are backups because it's located in OneDrive, that's why I continued.

Next thing I did was to check OneDrive previous versions. There are only one folder version there from July 3, 2021.

While restoring, I clicked paused, and Windows suddenly stopped and showed black screen, as if it was refreshing.

It didn't shut down, but when the screen turned on, the File Explorer tab was closed and the restoring process stopped, but there are no pop-up that it was finished.

I decided to continue it by checking OneDrive previous folder versions but it's now saying that there are no previous versions available.

I also don't have system restore, or file history restore shadow copies. Files are not in OneDrive account because my computer doesn't have OneDrive application.

What should I do? It managed to recover few files but not even half of it.

Please help me because I badly needed those.

I'm currently using third-party app, it's scanning my computer for deleted files, but it's taking up too much time, it's not foldered, and requires effort to manually restore each documents. Also, the files' names changed.

OS Build: 19042.1055

Ask a Question